Christmas Popsicle Stick Crafts are so easy, colorful and fun to make for the holiday season and Christmas tree decorations. These are my favorite Christmas Popsicle Stick Crafts For Kids! A few popsicle sticks and glue and a cute Christmas Tree, Christmas Ornament or Christmas vase can be made with ease.
Christmas crafts from popsicle sticks are a great way to involve toddlers and kids to learn how to make Christmas crafts out of popsicle sticks.
Christmas Popsicle Stick Tree
5 Popsicle Sticks
Self Adhesive Jewels
How To Make Christmas Tree With Popsicle Sticks
- This is a very easy Popsicle Stick craft!
- Any color of colored popsicle sticks work from the traditional green tree to these festive Christmas trees in pink, purple and turquoise.
- The trunk of the tree is one popsicle stick.
- Place the popsicle stick on a flat surface positioned vertically.
- The branches of the tree are also made with trimmed popsicle sticks.
- Cut or trim the popsicle sticks to make each branch of the tree. The size is up to you as there is no right or wrong size.
- Popsicle sticks can be tough to cut so the sticks should be cut by adults. The sticks can be precut by adults prior to beginning the popsicle stick craft with kids or toddlers.
- Begin at the top of the popsicle stick trunk.
- Lay out the branches of the tree by positioning each sized popsicle stick, smallest to largest on the trunk of the tree to the bottom of the tree.
- When the popsicle branches are spaced to your liking, glue the branches to the back of the popsicle stick tree trunk.
- Let dry.
- Decorating the popsicle stick tree is optional.
- For these trees self adhesive jewels were used by simply applying the jewels to the tree.
DIY Christmas Ornament Hanger
After the Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree is made and the glue has dried make the ornament hanger.
I used invisible string as the hanger for the ornament. Make a loop and simply glue the string to the back of the ornament.
Ribbon or cord can also be used, but the invisible string lends lets the ornaments look as if they are floating on the Christmas tree.
Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornament
Remember shadow box frames? Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornaments are another really easy and quick Christmas Popsicle Stick Craft which turns popsicle sticks into a shadow box ornament.
Another Christmas craft that can be made in 30 minutes!
Christmas Popsicle Stick Vase
Recycle your plastic bottles and aluminum cans into a cute Christmas Popsicle Stick vase with a minimum of effort and clean up! I know, after the Christmas glitter crafts I was ready to retire the glitter and save the rest of the house from a major clean up!
The Christmas Popsicle Stick vase is very easy Christmas craft for kids. The bonus is the ability to recycle the drink containers in the house and repurpose the plastic and aluminum. Little hands are perfect to help design the vase and hold the popsicle sticks in place while creating the vase.
For this vase I filled the vase with Christmas Lollipops (aka No Bake Christmas cookies). If short on time for the holiday baking season then the No Bake Christmas Cookies are not only yummy, but can easily be turned into Christmas Lollipops! Flowers work of course, but the Lollipops and vase do make fun Christmas party favors to take home.
How To Make Christmas Popsicle Stick Vase
9-15 Popsicle sticks per vase, the number depends on the circumference of the vase
Plastic or aluminum container
I first made a popsicle stick vase for Valentine’s Day party favors and have continued with a Christmas theme. Directions to make the Popsicle Stick Vase are available here.
Another edible and very cute way to fill the vases is with the Rice Krispie Reindeer Pops!
More Easy Christmas Crafts For Kids