Fire up your glue gun to make this easy Christmas Candy Cane Sleigh with mini chocolate bars and get ready to lead Rudolph through his paces for the holiday season. These candy cane sleighs are so much fun as a Christmas stocking stuffer or to add to a holiday card for your co-workers or a holiday theme basket.
The candy cane sleigh can also be used as a place card by adding a name card. Tuck the name card behind the top of the candy canes and enjoy the smiles of your guests with a little Christmas whimzy!
A little strategic shopping with coupons, sales and the dollar store will yield money saving results when purchasing materials for this edible Christmas craft. After Halloween the aisles are stocked with Christmas candy and I just found a pack of six mini snowman at the local drugstore at 2 for 1 savings! CVS carries the multi packs of snowmen, santas and teddy bears in my area – perfect time to use coupons and your loyalty card for extra savings.
How To Make Candy Cane Sleigh
One bag of Mini Hershey bars Christmas Mix
One bag of Hershey Nuggets (optional)
One bag of Hershey Kisses Christmas Mix
One box of Candy Canes
This is an easy Christmas craft and as with any craft – practice does speed the assembly process.
The most delicate part of making the candy cane sleighs is to balance the two candy canes (sleigh) before gluing the mini chocolate bars on the candy canes.
- Take two candy canes and lay on an even surface upright.
- Space the candy canes apart the same distance as the length of the mini chocolate bar.
- Move the candy canes toward each other approximately 1/8″.
- Lay the mini candy bars on top of the candy canes so that the edges of the chocolate bar peek out the sides.
- Using your glue gun, glue the first chocolate bar to each candy cane. This will stabilize the candy cane sleigh and it will be much easier to glue the remaining candy bars.
- Use three chocolate bars for the bottom of sleigh.
- Then build up your sleigh with Christmas chocolates as desired.
- Glue the Santa on the bottom chocolate bar closest to the beginning of the sleigh.
- For the driver of the candy cane sleigh I also use mini chocolate snowmen or teddy bears.
SnowMan Sleigh With Candy Canes
If you are looking for variety for your Christmas Candy Cane Sleigh I add these cute mini chocolate snowmen or teddy bears to mix it up just a bit!
I found a cute trio by Lindt chocolates on amazon this year and of course any extras can be used as stocking stuffers.
Where To Find Mini Chocolate Santas
Some years the most difficult part of making the Christmas Candy Cane Sleigh is actually finding the mini chocolate santas, snowmen or teddy bears. I’ve occasionally found the mini santas at the dollar store or local drugstore.
The mini santas are available on amazon in bulk by Madelaine if you are making the candy cane sleighs in quantity. I usually make the candy cane sleighs in quantity so cost is a consideration and search for the mini chocolate bars on sale is a great savings for an affordable Christmas Candy Cane Sleigh.
Use your imagination and creativity to choose the mini candy of your choice to craft adorable sleighs which make the perfect add on gift or look very cute in a holiday theme basket.
Christmas Candy Cane Sleigh
- 1 bag Mini Hershey Bars Christmas Mix
- 1 bag Hershey Nuggets
- 1 bag Hershey Kisses Christmas Mix
- 1 box Candy Canes
- Mini Chocolate Santas Snowmen or Teddy Bears
- Glue Gun
- Take two candy canes and lay on an even surface upright.Space the candy canes apart the same distance as the length of the mini chocolate bar.Move the candy canes toward each other approximately 1/8″.Lay the mini candy bars on top of the candy canes so that the edges of the chocolate bar peek out the sides.Using your glue gun, glue the first chocolate bar to each candy cane. This will stabilize the candy cane sleigh and it will be much easier to glue the remaining candy bars.Use three chocolate bars for the bottom of sleigh.Then build up your sleigh as desired using mini chocolate bars or favorite candy as the presents on the sleigh.Glue the Santa on the bottom chocolate bar closest to the beginning of the sleigh. For the driver of the candy cane sleigh I also use mini chocolate snowmen or teddy bears.
Day One: Personalized Reindeer Gift Tags
Day Two: Easy DIY Lottery Ticket Tree
Day Three: Popcorn Wrapper Snowmen
Day Four: DIY Christmas Candle At The Dollar Store
Day Five: Edible Christmas Vegetable Tree
Day Six: Christmas Candy Cane Sleigh
Day Seven: Christmas Potpourri At The Dollar Store