This popsicle stick Christmas ornament is such a cute addition to the collection of homemade Christmas ornaments! Easy to make, quick to glue and a Christmas craft for kids that the younger kids can help create!
The Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornament is a fun little craft that is also perfect for the Dollar Store! Shopping the craft aisle at the Dollar Store for Christmas craft supplies yields great savings for quality crafting materials.
Craft glue, clear drying or glue gun
Cord or ribbon for hanger
How To Make Christmas Ornament Out Of Popsicle Sticks
- This is is an incredibly easy Christmas Craft for kids! The popsicle stick Christmas Ornament can be made in 30 minutes and that includes 15 minutes to let the glue dry!
- Divide the popsicle sticks into stacks of 10.
- Three stacks with 10 sticks per stack. If you do not have colored popsicle sticks then natural popsicle sticks can be painted with acrylic paint.
- Starting with the first stack of popsicle sticks, glue each popsicle stick together. You will now have 3 stacks of 10 glued together popsicle sticks.
- Arrange the 3 stacks of popsicle sticks into a triangle. The ends of each stack of popsicle sticks should touch, end to end.
- TIP! Although not required, a second set of hands is helpful here!
- With a generous application of glue, glue the ends of each stack together. The second set of hands is helpful to apply pressure to the ends of the popsicle stick stacks (wow, that is a tongue twister!) to help the glue set quickly. Do not try to hurry this step and glue each end of the triangle separately.
- Let dry.
- Glue the figurines inside and on top of the bottom frame of the ornament.
- Let dry.
- Add a cord to hand the ornament and enjoy!
Now have fun choosing which mini figurines to arrange in the Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornament. The stacks of popsicle sticks can be as many as desired; if you would like a thicker shadow box look then use more.
I found 10 sticks per stack a good number so that a shadow box is formed with a thick enough frame to place the figurines.
Where To Find Miniature Figurines
The widest selection of miniature figurines is available online. The local craft store if there is a miniature section or in the toy section may have miniature figurines, it can be hit or miss.
I have also found a few in the party favor section of the party supply store.
The fun part of the Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornament craft is choosing the figurines. Personalize the figurines for a persons’ favorite hobby, character, superhero, animal or pet!
Some of my favorite figurines:
Santa and Christmas
Bejeweled Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornament
For those who like sparkle decorating the Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornament with self adhesive jewels adds the sparkle! After the frame of the ornament is glued and dried simply use a line of self adhesive jewels as the decorative garland !
A strand of jewels can also be used as the ornament hanger. The jewels/rhinestones which work best are the sheets of jewels where the jewels are in a straight line.
If the line of jewels is lifted off the backing as one line, place the line of jewels across the ornament and then cut to the correct size.
More Easy Christmas Ornaments For Kids