It is raining Reindeer crafts in this house! If you like reindeer then you will definitely like making these Reindeer Clothespin Christmas decorations. I am loving our local Dollar Stores for craft supplies especially during the Christmas crafting season.
I liked the simplicity of the reindeer and they made me smile. Remember the clothespin line old school with wooden clothespins? Ah the memories.
How To Make Reindeer Clothespin
Wooden Clothespin and mini clothespins
Micro mini red pom pom (tutorial here)
Craft glue (I like Weldbond) or glue gun
This is a fun DIY Clothespin Christmas Ornament that is easy to make and is so cute for reindeer fans! I made the reindeer Christmas decoration two ways and in two sizes. I love the little mini reindeer decorations!
- Glue two clothespins together. Match the hinges on the two clothespins and glue side by side.
- You will now have made the reindeer legs and body.
- Take the third clothespin to make the head and antlers.
- Lay the clothespins you have just stacked together and glued on a flat surface.
- Turn the third clothespin upside down and on its’ side to line up and attach with glue.
- The top of the third clothespin should be glued half way down the first two clothespins.
- You have now glued on the head and antlers of the reindeer.
- Let Dry.
- Add your googly eyes and nose to create the face of reindeer with glue or a glue gun.
- Let Dry.
Micro Mini Reindeers
As I was looking for wooden clothespins at the Dollar Store I happened across these colorful mini clothespins and I could not resist making a few mini reindeers to add to the clothespin craft collection!
Follow the instructions above except use colorful mini clothespins. The mini reindeer did require making a micro mini red pom pom. These can easily be made with glue and any size red pom pom. Learn how here > Micro Mini Pom Pom Tutorial.
Dollar Store Christmas Crafts