Christmas Puffcorn is the easy to make Christmas treat that is a salty and sweet mix noone can resist. This is the Christmas Puffcorn recipe every guests asks for and will feed a crowd with no muss and no fuss! I’ve even seen a guest walk away with the bowl to secure one more piece of this yummy treat.
Christmas Puffcorn is the ultimate no bake Christmas snack. It can be a Christmas party snack or dessert. The recipe is so easy I’m not sure Christmas Puffcorn necessarily qualifies as a ‘recipe’ due to its’ ease, but then again, I don’t think the guests mind!
What Is Puffcorn?
Puffcorn is hulless popcorn and is made by many manufacturers. My favorite brand of puffcorn is Chesters (Frito Lays) version with butter. Alone, the puffcorn is reminiscent of movie popcorn smothered in butter. Turn the puffcorn into Christmas Puffcorn and mix of sweet and salty is fabulous!
All brands of puffcorn work with this recipe. There is organic puffcorn which is natural and without added butter.
This recipe is quite flexible. Just as a chef would salt & pepper to taste; adjust the amount of chocolate to your preference and experiment with salt and sweet flavor combination.
How To Make Christmas Crack Puffcorn
1 bag of Puffcorn (brand of your choice)
1 bag Wilton’s white candy melts or white chocolate chips or almond bark
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. I use two baking sheets for one bag of corn as to not to crowd the corn on the baking sheet. Melt the white candy or chocolate in the microwave. Sacrebleu – melting chocolate in the microwave. You bet! For this recipe it works just fine.
- Drizzle melted white candy over the puffcorn. I use a wooden spoon and gently drip the melted chocolate by moving the spoon back and forth and letting the chocolate “gently” fly off the spoon. You aren’t trying to cover the puffcorn, just add enough chocolate to enhance the puffcorn.
- Bring out the decorations! I used Christmas colored sprinkles. Gently sprinkle and visually judge what looks aesthetically pleasing to you.
- Very important! Put the trays into the refrigerator to set the chocolate on the puffcorn. It only takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove trays from refrigerator and break apart the puffcorn into snackable sizes.
- Store puffcorn in a tightly closed container until serving.
Another twist on Christmas Crack Puffcorn is the very delicious and addictive carmel corn version. I am a fan of Chester’s Butter Puffcorn and this makes an absolutely yummy carmel corn. Split the recipe in half and make one baking pan of Christmas Crack Puffcorn and one pan of Chester’s Butter Puffcorn Carmel Corn recipe; your guests will be in sweet and salty heaven! Search the internet under Puffcorn carmel corn and a nice selection of easy recipes will be returned.
Seven Days Of Christmas Dessert Recipes You Might Enjoy!
Day One: Scrumptious Hello Dolly Bars
Day Two: Original Fantasy Fudge Recipe (not the imitation!)
Day Three: Top 3 Christmas Crack recipes
Day Four: Frozen Hot Chocolate
Day Five: Nanaimo Bars
Day Six: Christmas Puffcorn
Day Seven: DIY Christmas Vegetable Tree
Plus Healthy Christmas Coconut Balls!
Christmas Puffcorn Recipe
- 1 Bag Puffcorn brand of your choice
- 1 Bag White Chocolate candy melts or 1/2 bar Almond Bark or 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.Place the puffcorn in a single layer on top of the parchment paper.Melt the white chocolate candy melts in the microwave.Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the puffcorn with a wooden spoon.Decorate with sprinkles.Put the baking sheets in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.Store in a closed container. Can be stored in the refrigerator.