Reindeer gift bags are so fun and so easy to make! You know how the Dollar Store and I are best friends when it comes to crafting. I am an unabashed Reindeer fan for Christmas I made a few different sizes of this Christmas Reindeer craft and made a few mini Reindeer Christmas Goodie Bags along the way!
The reindeer face does not need to be perfect; you can free hand cut the face features or use a template. For the adult version with more precise reindeer features use a template or cricut cutter. I actually prefer freehand drawing the face as each reindeer then takes on the character of the artist.
How To Make Reindeer Gift Bag
Foam paper – Pink, Brown, Black
Brown Cardstock (for the antlers)
Large Red Pom Pom or Red Bows
Craft Glue ( I use Weldbond for all crafts)
I do recommend brown cardstock for the antlers as the antlers should stand straight up from the top of the bag. Foam paper can be used, but that will result in droopy antlers and we can’t have Rudolph looking droopy!
Reindeer Gift Bag Printable
- If you need a template for antlers, search Google for antler templates. Or think Christmas Tree. Reindeer antlers are very similar to a very skinny Christmas tree! I found it much easier to draw the antlers freehand and then cut out the antlers. For crafty cutters an antler template is not needed as the antlers can be cut “freehand” with the scissors which saves a step.
- The parts of the reindeer face are drawn or cut out freehand. The sizing depends upon the size of bag used.
- Draw a large star on brown paper and cut out. Size the star to the size of the bag between the handles.
- Draw two ears on brown paper or light brown paper and cut out the ears.
- Draw two ears slightly smaller than the brown ears on pink paper and cut out the ears.
- Glue one pink ear on the brown ear. Repeat.
- Draw a large smile on black paper and cut out.
- Begin assembling the reindeer face on the front of the bag.
- Glue the two googly eyes on the bag. Space the googly eyes evenly between the space between the bag handle.
- The eyes will be the anchor to arrange the nose and ear.
- Glue the nose between the eyes, placing the nose slightly lower than the googly eyes.
- Glue the smiling mouth below the nose.
- Add one pom pom at the end of each side of the mouth as the cheeks.
- Glue the ears on the inside of the bag between the hanfle and the edge of the bag.
- Glue one antler on the back of the ear.
- Let the glue dry.
Make A Mini Reindeer Gift Bag
Very easy to make! Simply down size your antlers and reindeer eyes, mouth, nose and ears to fit the size of your gift bag. Anything goes with the colors of the foam paper to make your gift bag.
There is no need to be traditional and this is a creative Reindeer craft for kids. The parts of the reindeer face do not need to traced and can be cut free hand. I like foam paper because it is actually easier to cut; but cardstock works well too.
The Reindeer gift bags are a whimsical way to add a homemade touch to Christmas gifts and teacher gifts for the season. I have found all the materials at the Dollar Store to make these little reindeer gift bags in bulk; we use them for our community giving gift project for a non profit organization.