You know how the Dollar Store and I are best friends when it comes to crafting. What would I do without my BF Dollar Store for craft supplies? The savings are amazing and I found all the supplies for these Reindeer Gift Bags at my favorite Dollar Store. As I am an unabashedly Reindeer fan for Christmas I made a few different sizes and made a few Reindeer Christmas Goodie Bags along the way!
These gift bags are fun for kids to make or adults of any age particularly if you are a reindeer fan! The reindeer face does not need to be perfect; you can free hand cut the face features or use a template. For the adult version with more precise reindeer features use a template or cricut cutter.
How To Make Reindeer Gift Bag
Foam paper – Pink, Brown, Black
Brown Cardstock (for the antlers)
Large Red Pom Pom or Red Bows
Craft Glue ( I use Weldbond for all crafts)
I do recommend brown cardstock for the antlers as the antlers should stand straight up from the top of the bag. Foam paper can be used, but that will result in droopy antlers and we can’t have Rudolph looking droopy!
Reindeer Gift Bag Printable
- If you need a template for antlers, search Google for antler templates. Or think Christmas Tree, reindeer antlers are very similar to a very skinny Christmas tree! I found it much easier to draw the antlers freehand and then cut out the antlers. For crafty cutters an antler template is not needed as the antlers can be cut “freehand” with the scissors which saves a step.
- Trace the parts of the reindeer face on the foam paper.
- Cut out the reindeer face features from the foam paper.
- I used whatever I have on hand from the craft stash or can find at the dollar store: foam sheets, felt, even copy paper. The sturdier the material the perkier the reindeer though!
- The antlers are to be traced or cut free hand on brown cardstock.
- Attach the antlers last to the brown paper bag with glue.
Make A Mini Reindeer Gift Bag
Very easy to make! Simply down size your antlers and reindeer eyes, mouth, nose and ears to fit the size of your gift bag. Anything goes with the colors of the foam paper to make your gift bag. There is no need to be traditional and this is a creative activity for kids. The parts of the reindeer face do not need to traced and can be cut free hand.
I like foam paper because it is actually easier to cut; but cardstock works well too. This is a whimsical way to add a homemade touch to Christmas gifts and teacher gifts for the season. I have found all the materials at the Dollar Store to make these little reindeer gift bags in bulk; we use them for our community giving gift project for a non profit organization.
Red Reindeer Christmas Decorations
Enjoy these Christmas Decorations and Reindeer Christmas Gift Ideas!