Hey who changed the recipe? What happened to my tried and true Fantasy Fudge recipe! Any day, any time of the year, who can turn down a tempting square of melt in your mouth fudge. This is the original Fantasy Fudge recipe that we all craved during the holiday season.
Difference Between “Original” Fantasy Fudge Recipe and Current Version
The ingredients are the same, but Fantasy Fudge fans will notice the recipe on the current jar of Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Crème is slightly different from the recipe we grew up with and loved. It’s a slight difference but chocolate aficionados will note the recipe on the jar recommends a brand of semi chocolate chips whereas the original recipe did not. One of the great features of fudge is the ease of freezing fudge for the future. Make a batch of Fantasy Fudge, cut into squares and freeze the individual squares for a quick treat anytime of the year.
I’m sure all fudge recipes are delicious, but our family was a Toll House chocolate chip family and each brand of chocolate chips do have their own distinctive flavor.
Original Fantasy Fudge Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups semi chocolate chips (I used Tollhouse)
- 1 jar of marshmallow crème, Kraft jet puffed 7 oz. jar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Grease a 9 X 13 ” pan. Alternative and much easier is to line a 9 X 13″ pan with parchment paper, this allows a much quicker release and clean up.
- In a medium pot, mix sugar, butter and milk. Bring the mixture to a full boil using medium heat, stirring constantly so the sugar dissolves and the mixture does not burn on the bottom of the pot. Boil for five minutes.
- Remove the thickened mixture from the heat and add chocolate chips. Add the marshmallow crème and vanilla.
- Pour into the prepared pan to cool.
For those who like nuts this is a recipe which can easily be adjusted to making 1/2 with nuts and 1/2 without by using two smaller pans. After transferring 1/2 of the Fantasy Fudge mixture to one pan just add nuts to the remaining mixture and pour into a second prepared pan.
Enjoy! Fantasy Fudge fans … !
Day One: Scrumptious Hello Dolly Bars
Day Two: Original Fantasy Fudge Recipe (not the imitation!)
Day Three: Top 3 Christmas Crack recipes
Day Four: Frozen Hot Chocolate
Day Five: Nanaimo Bars
Day Six: Christmas Puffcorn
Day Seven: DIY Christmas Vegetable Tree