Snowman Gift Bags are festive Dollar Store paper craft for kids to make and enjoy! Snowman winter crafts are just darn fun and make the perfect easy Snowman craft for kids to make whether if be as a Christmas craft or winter craft.
Dollar Store Christmas Craft
These gift bags can be made from craft supplies from the dollar store to make a homemade dollar store Christmas craft! My favorite dollar store carries the same crafts from the big box store which is so helpful for affordable crafting.
Or scraps of foam paper from the “use it later” craft stash
Googly Eyes, 2 per bag
Medium Gift Bags (I used 8″ X 4.75″)
How To Make Snowman Gift Bags
- I used a stack of medium gift bags I found at the dollar store. The medium sized gift bag is 8″ X 4.75″ which is the standard medium gift bag size.
- Print the Snowman printable for the snowman and hat cut out template.
- Decide upon the colors of the snowman and hat.
- Trace or cut out and trace the three circles which make the body, middle and head of the snowman.
- If the gift bag is not flat, flatten the gift bag.
- Along the bottom of the front of the gift bag, center and glue the largest circle.
- Center the second largest circle on the top of the largest circle approximately 1″ down from the top of the large bottom circle.
- Repeat for the top (head) circle, gluing the top circle on the middle circle with the bottom of the top circle approximately 1″ down from the top of the middle circle.
- The placing of the circles does not need to be exact! Depending upon the age of the crafter, let the crafter decide the placement.
- Decide upon the color of the hat. Trace the hat template on the foam paper and cut out the hat.
- The top of the hat will be centered between the handles.
- Glue the brim of the hat onto the top/head of the snowman.
- Glue two googly eyes on the face of the snowman. I used googly eyes from the craft closet so i used a variety of sizes and types.
How To Make Snowman Buttons, Scarf, Hat Decorations
- This is totally up to the crafter. Freehand cutting of buttons, abstract hat decorations and the scarf worked the best! But if a precise crafter is making the snowman then all of the above can be traced and cut out from the foam paper.
- Glue the scarf first, then the buttons on the middle of the snowman.
- Add decorations to the brim of the hat.
My Favorite Crafting Glue
I highly recommend Weldbond Glue for crafting. This is the strongest glue and will adhere everything from paper, glass, metals and even the kitchen table leg! I have used Weldbond for all The Savvy Age crafts and DIY and t is my go-to tried and true glue.
Mix And Match Snowman Gift Bags
These gift bags were made from one pack of foam paper from the dollar store! Plus the remnants of foam paper from other crafts I had stashed away for the I May Use It Later file.
This is a very flexible and forgiving craft which makes it a very enjoyable winter craft for kids, toddlers and littles. Any color combination works! I love foam paper because it is easy to cut and easy to glue. Heavy cardboard or cardstock could also be used for this snowman craft.