Fun Christmas craft for kids and a great way to reuse and recycle Amazon shipping boxes! Turn those boxes into recycled Christmas decorations in under an hour! Recycled Christmas tree ornaments are very easy to make even in the midst of the holiday season.
How To Make Recycled Christmas Tree Ornament
Invisible thread or ribbon
- Cut apart a shipping box and use one side as the cardboard to make the base of the tree. If you are an Amazon prime member chances are the holiday season is brimming with Prime boxes!
- The cardboard can be tough to cut without a solid pair of scissors or an exacto knife. Adults only if an exacto knife is used!
- Draw a Christmas tree in the desired size on the box or use a template for a tree and trace on the box. This is a Christmas craft for kids; the tree can be as simple as a triangle.
- Paint each tree with any color desired! A disposable foam brush makes for easy clean up.
- The traditional green is always a good choice, but any color works.
- The tree ornament can be decorated with foam paper ornaments or left as is! For the ornament below the paint was abstractedly mixed to paint the ornament and no decorations were used.
- Let the tree dry.
- Now decorate the tree with foam paper ornaments. Make it easy by freehand cutting the ornaments. For the blue try simple triangles were cut as the ornaments.
- Make a hanger by looping invisible thread or ribbon and gluing to the back of the tree.
After making the recycled Christmas trees and with many a box left of course it was time to make a few recycled reindeer ornaments! The same materials can be used, no paint required though!
The recycled Tree ornament and Reindeer ornaments make an easy classroom or group Christmas craft. A very fun and practical way to recycle and reuse! The materials can be purchased at the dollar store plus finding a box to recycle- always love a good dollar store Christmas craft.
More Paper Christmas Crafts