Have A Walnut Shell Halloween! These cute walnut shell crafts for Halloween are easy and super fun to make. The Halloween spider DIY is so darn fun for Halloween. Walnut Shell crafts are easy to make for Halloween decorations. These Halloween crafts are quick, easy and a perfect Halloween craft for kids and younger children (with adult supervision of course!) Make scary or smiling pumpkins along with creepy fuzzy spiders to decorate the house, the homeroom or even your Halloween cakes and cupcakes.
Most of the materials are already in your craft stash and if you have ever wondered what to do with walnut shells … look no further as Halloween approaches. Combine your walnut shell spider with recycled packing materials to make a recycled Halloween!
How To Make Halloween Walnut Shell Crafts
Weldbond Glue or non toxic glue
Walnut Shells halved
- Paint the walnut shell with orange and black acrylic paint.
- Let dry.
- The drying time is quick, but the thickness and quality of the paint will determine the drying time.
- Fifteen minutes should be adequate for a nicely applied layer of acrylic paint to dry.
- Alternatively, paint the walnut shells the day prior and let dry overnight.6. Choose the color of the pipe cleaner for the pumpkin head
7. Cut the pipe cleaner into the desired length and twist into a tall spiral.
8. Turn the orange walnut shell over and apply a dab of glue to the interior edge of the walnut shell.
9. Match the bottom of the pipe cleaner pumpkin hat/stem to the dab of glue.
10. If desired bend the bottom of the pipe cleaner under the ledge of the walnut shell lip for stability and to help the glue. Let dry.
11. With a black sharpie draw the pumpkin face. Let dry.
12. You are done! The spider makes a fun Halloween topper for a piece of Halloween Bark!
For the Walnut Shell Spider
- Paint the spider as described in step number one above with black acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Cut black pipe cleaner into six pieces which are approximately four inches in length.
- Make a small hook on the bottom of the pipe cleaners.
- Flip the walnut shell over.
- Put a dab of glue where you want one spider leg.
- Press the pipe cleaner hook under the lip of the walnut shell. Press pipe cleaner to the glue to adhere.
- Repeat five times.
- TIP: It is easier to glue the legs by alternating sides so you can see how the legs are lining up.
- Now adjust each pipe cleaner in length and direction so the spider walnut shell is lifted off the ground as if suspended by the spider legs.
- Glue the googly eyes to the spider body.
- You are done!
Additional Halloween Crafts & Desserts