Have you been there? You have a Halloween Scrooge in your midst. Perhaps it is the spouse who absolutely refuses to don a Halloween costume yet is invited to the must attend the company Halloween party. Enter the Dollar Store Halloween mask.
While the Halloween fans strategically plan their Halloween costume; the Halloween Scrooge (said with love) elicits a slight growl when the word costume enters the conversation.
Halloween ranks only behind Christmas in popularity and Halloween parties, decorations and costume planning consume much of October. But how to solve the costume problem with the I don’t want to got to the Halloween party in costume spouse. Now part of the reason said spouse is grumpy is because he or she has gone to costume Halloween parties in the past without a costume and becomes even grumpier with guests asking, “Hey, where is the costume?” Peer Pressure.
This is the middle ground. The simple DIY Dollar Store Halloween Mask. This little mask is quick, inexpensive, homemade and gives the spouse a way to attend the Halloween party with the Halloween spirit.
- It can be carried.
- It does not have to be worn.
- If the Halloween host is your boss… you made the effort. Okay. It’s a small effort, but still an effort to embrace the Halloween spirit even if your inner ghost says, “Noooo, don’t make me wear a costume,” and you know that is never a pretty sight on an adult.
So here we go. As you may have noticed said spouse is not posing for the camera.
How To Make Dollar Store Halloween Mask
1 bag of feathers
- Open bag of feathers and sort.
- Take the mask out of the bag.
- Glue the feathers on the mask. In any arrangement. Quickly.
- Ask the stuffed animal to model the mask so the eye openings can be trimmed.
- Hide mask from spouse and reveal in the car. In the dark. When you arrive at the party.