Easy to make Halloween craft with materials from the yard and the dollar store! Learn how to make a Halloween Tree and add a homemade touch to your Halloween decor.
Crafters will find the materials in your craft stash or supplement with materials from the dollar store. Personalize the Halloween Tree with your favorite Halloween images and enjoy a whimsical and unique Halloween craft.
How To Make A Halloween Tree
Halloween clipart or hand drawings
Tall glass vase
Branches from yard
Glue gun or Craft glue
- Trim branches from a tree in the yard. Branches which work well should have multiple off shoot branches. Remove any leaves.
- Choose a tall vase. Visit the dollar store if you don’t have one available from the vase collection.
- Search domain free Halloween clip art on the internet. If artistically inclined Halloween images can be hand drawn.
- The size of the image I used was approximately 2.5″ by 2.5″. There is no set size, I sized the images to the vase and branches, but the size is personal preference.
- Trace the images on foam paper or construction paper. I prefer foam paper due to the weight of the paper which helps the ornament hang straight.
- Cut out two of each image. The ornaments should match and to make this easier I cut double the paper and cut two of the same image out at once. These will be used to make an ornament sandwich, step 10.
- Make an ornament hanger from the invisible thread.
- Use approximately 8 inches of thread per hanger. The size will be adjusted later when hanging the ornaments.
- Fold the thread in half and make a knot at the top with both ends of the thread.
- Make the ornament by making an ornament “sandwich”.
- Lay one ornament flat on a table. Place the bottom of the hanger in the middle of the ornament. Liberally place glue on the hanger and over the entire ornament.
- Close the sandwich by placing the matching ornament on top. Press gently.
- The ornament is now ready to hang.
- Arrange the branches in the vase just like arranging flowers. Adjust the height of the branches as needed. Again, the arrangement is to your personal preference.
- Hang the ornaments. The length of the hanger may need to be adjusted.
- If the length of the hanger needs to be adjusted begin by making a double knot below the existing knot and cut off the first knot.
- Arrange the ornaments to your preference. An odd number of ornaments works well!
Ornament Tip: Shorter hangers work better as the ornaments are light weight.
More Halloween Crafts