The Dollar Store Googly Eye Craft is guaranteed to generate a smile! A few materials from the Dollar Tree or Dollar Store and this Halloween craft is very easy to make and so versatile.
Tuck the “Laugh” in your Halloween decorations for a laugh, bring as a gift to your Halloween hostess or entertain the kids with a group Halloween craft project. Kids of any age can participate in this googly eye craft.
How To Make Halloween Googly Eye Craft
Wood cut out
Acrylic Paint (optional)
- Paint the wood cut out with acrylic paint. The color of the paint is your choice. I highly recommend the wood cut is painted; however, it is not necessary and this step can be skipped.
- Let Dry. Acrylic paint dries very quickly. Allow 10-15 minutes and the wood cut out will be very dry.
- Lay out the googly eyes. Any assortment of googly eyes work, but having larger googly eyes in the assortment will speed up the entire craft.
- If self sticking googly eyes peel the backing off and position on wood letters. Not all googly eyes are created equal! Some are stickier than others and the surface comes into play as well.
- The googly eyes can be be glued on if needed. I’ve included my googly eye tips in How To Make Googly Eyes Stick.
- Small googly eye tip! Googly eyes can be slippery and this applies particularly to the small googly eyes. Use craft tweezers to pick up the googly eyes if needed!
- After either sticking or gluing on the wood block gently press to ensure adhesion.
More Ways to Use The Dollar Store Wood Letters
This craft works all year round with or without googly eyes! The dollar store carries wood letters either single letters or a word all year round and the selection can vary.
A wood sign can be turned into a decoration with just paint and candles. This is the Laugh sign with just paint on the mantle with flameless lights.
Googly Eye Laugh by the fireplace! Holiday guests will enjoy finding a “Laugh” hiding in your living room.
Combine the Googly Eye Laugh with a homemade Halloween Tree for your Halloween decoration.
More Halloween Googly Eye Crafts
Halloween Googly Eye Vase
Recycle a mason jar or vase to make this full of fun Googly Eye Halloween vase. Fill with your favorite treats or flowers for a festive Halloween decoration.
Halloween Googly Eye Bats
Recycle cardboard boxes to craft these Halloween Googly Eye bats. Decorate the refrigerator, a Halloween Popsicle Vase or Halloween Tree with these fun and funky bats!
Halloween Walnut Shell Spider
Use a walnut shell and pipe cleaners along with googly eyes to make these crawly and creepy Halloween spiders. Of course the googly eyes make the spider!
Leave a Reply