How easy and cute is this idea! Perfect compliment for your favorite dip with a few sparks of personality added by making themed Christmas tortilla chips for the holiday season. These homemade tortilla chips are very flexible and can be made plain, with or without salt and with or without herbs of your choice if desired. Flour or corn tortillas can be used depending upon your preference.
How To Make Homemade Christmas Tortilla Chips
Flour or corn tortillas
Herbs Optional for color
Cookie cutters metal cookie cutters are preferred
- Lay out tortillas assembly line style
- Use a rolling pin to flatten out the tortilla. Optional.
- Choose your favorite cookie cutter
- Cut out ‘cookie’ tortilla chips
- Spray tortilla cut outs with cooking spray on each side
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle with salt or herbs. I use parsley, chives, dill for Christmas colors.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool. ***
Enjoy your homemade Christmas tortilla chips! Add your tortilla chips as an accompaniment to the DIY Edible Vegetable Tree for a healthy appetizer guests will enjoy.
TIPS: The thickness of your tortilla will determine how long to bake the tortilla. My oven happens to run hot so I found 325 degrees was adequate; I also kept a close eye on the baking tortillas after 7-8 minutes.
I found warming up the tortillas in the microwave for 15-20 seconds softened the tortilla and made it easier to cut out your chips with the cookie cutters. Keeping the cookie cutter shapes fairly simple will speed up the process of cutting out the chips.
SERVING IDEAS: Mix the Christmas tortilla chips in with regular tortilla chips or really make your chips bright and cheery by using the red and green store bought tortilla chips to mix with your own homemade chips.
Special thanks to Candy Dorsey of Daily Two Cents who inspired this recipe with her Halloween Tortilla Chips.
Favorite Recipes For Entertaining