Easy St. Patrick’s Day Popsicle Stick craft! This cute little Popsicle Stick Leprechaun hat is very quick, very easy and very fun for your kids to make for St. Patrick’s Day! Use your craft stash and a trip to the dollar store craft for a perfect little craft for your group of little leprechauns to celebrate the big green event!
How To Make Popsicle Stick Leprechaun Hat
11 Popsicle or Craft Sticks (plain or colored)
Craft glue (I love Weldbond)
Yellow and Black Foam Paper
Optional: Green sharpie or green acrylic paint
Choose the popsicle or craft stick of your choice. The Leprechaun Hat can be made with any size or width of popsicle or craft sticks. To save time pre colored sticks can be used, but both types of sticks are easily made green (or any color of your choice) with sharpies or acrylic paint.
- Lay out the sticks for the entire hat before any gluing begins.
- Stack 2 popsicle sticks horizontally to make the brim of the hat.
- Glue 1 stick vertically to the 2 sticks which make the brim of the hat. Position this stick just inside the end of the 2 sticks which make the brim of the hat.
- Flip the hat over.
- Measure approximately one inch down from the top of the vertical stick and glue 1 stick horizontally.
- Line up the sticks and glue adjacent to each other to make the body of the hat.
- Rinse and repeat across the hat until the cross bars are covered.
- The last vertical stick should be glued just as the first stick – with the edge slightly inside the end of the brim sticks.
- Let the glue dry.
- While the glue is drying, freehand cut a strip of black foam paper for the hat band. Freehand cut a square for the buckle on the hat band from yellow foam paper.
- Glue the black hat band and yellow buckle onto the Popsicle Stick Leprechaun Hat and you are done! Let the glue dry.
This is a flexible craft and there is no right or wrong number of sticks or size of hat. Eleven popsicle sticks were used for this hat, 2 for the crossbars 2 for the hat brim and 7 across to make the hat.
Gather the kids for a St. Patrick’s Day craft to celebrate with your favorite leprechauns!
More St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
St. Patrick’s Day Popsicle Stick Vase
Pat Austin (Wednesday Elf) says
Cute St. Patrick’s Day craft for kids. You always come up with fun and inexpensive craft projects.