So very easy! I can’t believe I waited so long to make Meringue Bunny Cookies. Meringue can be slightly intimidating, but making these Easter cookies really are quite easy. A fun mix between an Easter Craft and Easter dessert!
How To Make Meringue Bunny Cookies
- A bunny template is needed (unless there is a very good free hand artist in the house)! Search the internet and use “bunny silhouette clipart” as the search term.
- Choose the bunny clipart. Copy and paste to your desktop to print.
- Print the bunny clipart and then cut out the bunny to use as a template.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use the food coloring maker to trace the bunny. Repeat.
- Leave 1-2 inches between each bunny.
- I do not recommend using magic marker as the marker may leave a residue on the bottom of the bunnies.
- Prepare the meringue by following the directions to make the Meringue Bunnie Butts.
- If desired, split the meringue into sections to add food color.
- Prepare the disposable decorating bag with the decorating tip. I like the star tip to make Meringue Bunny Cookies.
- Add the meringue to the bag and gather the bag at the top removing any extra air.
- Now fill in each bunny with the meringue.
- There is no right or wrong way to fill in aka making the meringue bunny. A few test bunnies may be necessary to get the feel of how much meringue to use and how you want the bunny. The bunnies may look a little gooey, but looks are deceptive and the bunnies will puff up nicely during baking.
- TIP! Remember that meringue is what you see is what you get. The cookie will not spread when baking.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Do not overcook as the edges of the cookie will become slightly brown.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Add the Meringue Bunnie Butts with icing!
How To Make The Meringue Bunny Butt
The bunny butt of course is key to making a cute Meringue Bunny Cookie! Learn how to make a bunny butt here.
I glue the bunny butts to the Meringue Bunny Cookies by using my favorite cookie icing recipe. A little dab or icing and the bunn butt is secure!
Easter Basket Idea
Meringue Bunny Cookies are perfect for to add to the Easter basket! The cookies are delicate yet firm enough to package and add to an Easter basket or Easter card.
Package the meringue bunnie in cellophane gift bags and tie with a ribbon to make a cute Easter gift.
More Easter Dessert Ideas