Time to brighten up the St. Patrick’s Day decorations with a St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jar. This mason jar can be a vase for flowers or illuminated Shamrock Mason jar for St. Patrick’s Day parties.
How To Make St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jar
- Choose the size of the shamrock to the size of the mason jar. Download this Shamrock Printable for a small and medium size mason jar.
- A small 16 ounce mason jar will require a 2.5 inch by 3 inch design centered on the front of the mason jar.
- Or shamrock templates are available for free on Pixabay. Pixabay images are public domain and free to use. The shamrock can be downloaded then sized to the mason jar if you are comfortable resizing graphics.
- Cut out the design.
- Paint the inside of the mason jar and let dry.
- Now glue the shamrock(s) to the outside of the mason jar. LIGHTLY glue! As the shamrocks will be removed later.
- Paint the entire outside of the mason jar with the color of acrylic paint of your choice. For this mason jar I used white paint on the inside and green paint on the outside.
- Remove the shamrocks from the jar.
- Scrap any paint that has bled onto the shamrock with a sharp tool or a fingernail.
- Let dry.
- Decide if the Shamrock Mason Jar should be illuminated.
How To Light Up The Shamrock Mason Jar
To give your Shamrock Mason Jar Reindeer a warm glow add a battery operated tea light. Tea lights add a cheery glow in the middle of the shamrock.
To give the entire mason jar a warm glow mini fairy string lights work wonderfully.
How To Paint The Inside Of A Mason Jar
I have painted the inside of quite a few mason jars! There is no right or wrong way and I have compiled my tips to make the task a little easier.
Acrylic, latex or spray paint all work and it can be personal preference or simply use whatever paint you have on hand!