Scrumptious S’mores Bars are not only easy to make, easy to bake and easy to enjoy! A recipe sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and perfect for guests, parties and family events. Save a few for home if you are bringing these Scrumptious S’mores Bars to a party as you will return home with an empty dish.
How To Make Graham Cracker Crust for S’mores Bars Recipe
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
How to Make S’mores Bars
Makes 24 Smore Bar cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 regular size Hershey chocolate bars or a chocolate bar of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place Marshmallows in freezer and allow to freeze (it won’t take long).
- Lightly grease a 9×13-baking dish with cooking spray.
- Start out with making the Graham cracker crust. Combine the crumbs, granulated sugar, and butter until combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter (slightly cool the butter), brown sugar and granulated sugar. Blend well.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg into the mixture until consistency is creamy.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Spoon dough on top of the graham cracker crust and lightly press into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of marshmallows on top and slightly press in the marshmallows.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Bake until the top of the smore bars begins to turn golden brown.
- The middle needs to be set. The smore bars will become firmer as they cool. ** Don’t overbake!
- Once the smore bars are baking, begin to break the candy bar into sections. Place candy pieces in freezer.
- After the smore bars are baked long enough for the center to set, remove pan from oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Place the candy bar pieces on top of the smore bars.
- Cool completely. Then cut into desired size squares.
Enjoy these S’mores Bars anytime of the year at any event and you guests will be scrumptiously happy indeed!
Andria Perry says
This will be a hit at my house! thanks!
It is a yummy one! Enjoy 🙂
Thanks – enjoy!
Sandy KS says
That makes my mouth water.
I hear ya, going to make another batch this weekend!
OK now my mouth is watering! These look so good. Also seems like a great way to use up all those mini bars of chocolate after Halloween. Thanks for sharing
You are exactly right re the mini bars ! 🙂
I have seen several versions of smores recently – I think we love them too much to wait for a campfire!
Thelma Alberts says
This makes me hungry. I have to try this. Thanks for sharing. Shared this to my fb page.