This little Thanksgiving Walnut craft made me smile! If you are the host of a Thanksgiving dinner or enjoy decorating your home for Fall then this walnut shell craft is for you! Very easy to make Thanksgiving craft and adorable to use as part of your Thanksgiving dinner table decor. Bring a smile to your Thanksgiving guests when they sit down at dinner and notice a few mini Walnut Shell Cornucopia nestled among the Thanksgiving decorations.
How To Make A Walnut Shell Cornucopia
Whole walnut shells halved
This is so easy I hesitate to write directions!
- Using double sided tape, I tape the bottom of the walnut shell to the table for stability.
- Choose your vegetables.
- Do a test run and lay out the vegetables in the walnut shell half until you have a satisfactory arrangement.
- Glue the vegetables into the walnut shell and arrange. Glue Tip! Make sure glue that dries clear is used.
- Dry and remove tape from bottom of walnut shell.
- The balance of the vegetables in the shell should be stabilized; if the walnut tips you can always add a discrete piece of double sided tape to help the walnut shell stand tall.
Where To Buy Miniature Vegetables
While I found a few miniature vegetables at the local craft store unfortunately the vegetables were not ones I cared for. The best place to find miniature vegetables is online at retailers such as Amazon and Ebay.
If seeking a bricks and mortar alternative I have found miniatures at the local big box crafts store, but the selection is very limited. Unless you want to add a superhero to the mix, online is a better alternative to find miniatures to fit the theme.
Miniature vegetables tend to come prepackaged into a basket or crate, but no worries I found the vegetables easy to remove from the crate.
Where To Buy Whole And Half Walnut Shells
If you live in areas of the country where walnut trees are prevalent this is not an issue. Some lucky walnut tree owners (or adjacent homeowners) will find an ample supply of walnuts.
In the Midwest finding whole walnuts can be tough and expensive! Grocery stores usually carry whole walnuts during Thanksgiving and Christmas; the remainder of the year whole walnuts can be found at farmers’ markets.
Another source of whole and halved walnut shells for crafts is Etsy! Search walnut shells on Etsy and you will be able to buy whole of half walnut shells in bulk affordably.
More Thanksgiving Ideas