Ah those delicious! cookies of my youth. Goodness knows I ate alot of these cookies and goodness know I sold alot of these cookies. I definitely enjoyed the eating more than selling.
This is a remarkably close copycat Hack version of Copycat Girl Scout Peanut Butter Patties for Valentine’s Day. Really quick and really easy to make – notice there is no baking involved. This is a DIY craft and assembly treat that is ready for the big day and perfect for the classroom party.
How To Make Copycat Girl Scout Peanut Butter Patties
Snack size peanut butter crackers or mini Nutter Butter bites
Valentine extra large hearts or sprinkles
Version Two (requires assembly)
Ritz crackers or mini Ritz crackers
Wilton white melts, red melts, white chocolate or almond bark
Valentine extra large hearts or Valentine extra large hearts
Parchment or waxed paper
Optional, disposable spoons and paper plates.
- Melt your choice of chocolate in the microwave.
- Drop the cracker into the melted chocolate. I put two crackers in a time.
- Swirl the chocolate around the cracker.
- Carefully bring the cracker out of the melted chocolate.
- Set on the parchment or wax paper.
- Let cool and set about 10-15 minutes.
- Clean off the extra chocolate around the bottom edge of the cracker.
- For quicker setting, pop the crackers into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
I have made the copycat Girl Scout Peanut Butter Patties both ways: using pre made crackers or assembling my own peanut butter patties by making a sandwich of Ritz crackers and peanut butter.
If you choose to make your own definitely use a generous portion of peanut butter for the middle of the sandwich.
I also use disposable spoons and paper plates when making the cookies as the assembly can be a smidge messy and since I want a quick clean up to go with this Hack then disposable is the way to go!
Any size of cracker will work from the full size Ritz cracker to a mini cracker. Flexible, fun and easy!