Yes! Easy Upcycled Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Vase to add to your Christmas decorations. Fun way to upcycle toilet paper rolls into cute little Christmas vases. Homemade and recycled Christmas decorations made from toilet paper are so easy to make and a great way to recycle and reuse toilet paper rolls into a useful Christmas decoration.
How To Make Upcycled Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Vase
Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
Craft glue or glue gun
Acrylic Paint is optional
- The toilet paper roll can be used “as is”, absolutely. I have found through making quite a few of the vases that if time allows, I paint the toilet paper roll. Why?
- Painting the toilet paper roll is quite quick and easy and optional, but it does tend to finish the look of the vase. I use a foam brush to paint the toilet paper rolls inside and out. The paint dries really really quick in about 15 minutes.
- Line up the bottom of the popsicle sticks flush with the bottom of the toilet paper roll. This will ensure the vase will stand straight. There is a bit of flexibility as to how flush the bottom of each stick is to the bottom of the toilet paper roll.
- The number of popsicle sticks will vary depending upon the type of popsicle stick aka craft sticks. The wider sticks will obviously take a lesser number.
- Attach the popsicle sticks side by side vertically to the toilet paper roll with craft glue or a glue gun. For this craft I use a glue gun all the way. But if assembling the vases with the little, littles then craft glue is a good choice.
- If the sticks do not line up evenly to cover the entire toilet paper roll the two last sticks to be glued on can be adjusted so a gap does not occur.
- Glue drying tip: I wrap a rubber band around the vase to help the sticks stay in place until the glue dries. The glue dries immediately if using a glue gun. If using craft glue it takes 10-15 minutes.
How To Make A Bigger Popsicle Stick Vase?
Simple! Use three toilet paper rolls! Or two toilet paper rolls!
For the largest vase, glue each roll together in a triangle shape. Voila! A larger Christmas vase is made.
It is that simple 🙂 . I like the larger version when using larger flowers.
Two toilet paper rolls with horizontal craft sticks make a wider vase with room to decorate. For this vase I glued green popsicle sticks on side by side horizontally as if making a fence.
Then find Christmas clip art on the internet, copy on a color printer and glue on! Use the kids favorite Christmas characters or better yet let the wee ones pick out their own favorite Christmas character to glue on the vase.
The vase below holding candy canes is made with one toilet paper roll.
What To Fill The Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Vase?
The possibilities are endless! Of course, the traditional flowers work! Depending upon the weather fresh flowers from the garden or the florist are always nice.
How about candy canes! Use your toilet paper roll Christmas vases as a Christmas decoration or stocking stuffer by filling the vase with candy canes.
Or how about filling the vase with chocolate Christmas Lollipops for an edible gift! I love to fill the vases with easy to make and no bake Christmas lollipops. The lollipops can be a stocking stuffer or fill the vase for a vase plus chocolate gift and who doesn’t love chocolate!
Looking for more toilet paper roll Christmas Crafts?
So much fun making the vases turned into making a toilet paper roll Christmas decoration by reworking the popsicle sticks and adding a few paper decorations. Another easy toilet paper roll craft for a stay at home Christmas. Learn how here!