Cute! Easy! No sew craft for Valentine’s Day is the Snowman Valentine’s Candy Wrapper. Fun Valentine’s Day snack to feed a classroom, feed the co-workers or include as an edible gift with your Valentine’s Day card. Involve the kids to help make this DIY no sew Valentine’s Day craft and most of the materials will already be on hand in your craft stash.
Of course living in the northern United States Valentine’s Day is a winter event so snowmen and snow… and Valentine’s Day all coincide.
How to Make Valentine’s Snowman Candy Wrapper
White copy paper or card stock
Printable template ( see directions)
Snack size candy bars of your choice (.50 oz)
- The template for the printable can be downloaded here in pdf form.
- Print the template in full color on one sheet of copy paper or card stock.
- Using scissors or a paper cutter, cut 6 Valentine’s Snowmen from the template and size to the candy bar.
- Wrap each paper snowman body around the snack size candy bar.
- Glue the seam with a glue gun or glue stick. Put hat on snowman (can secure hat to top of paper with a dab of glue).
- Wrap scarf around snowman’s neck and tie.
How To Make The Fleece Hat And Scarf
- I used fleece scrap fabric from the craft stash. Other types of fabric can also work, but it is much easier to use fleece as it provides body for the hat to stand up and holds its shape. I sized the fleece to 4″ width by 2″ length which allows for flexibility to fit the hat to the top of the candy bar.
- Turn right sides of fabric in towards each other and then glue a seam along the longest edges. Turn hat inside out to hide the seam.
- A tutorial for the sew and no sew version of the hat is available here
- Pull the hat over the top of the candy bar and then roll up the bottom edge to make the brim of the hat.
- How big the hat measures is up to your preference. Cut the top of the hat evenly to finish.
Cut a piece of fleece approximately 1/4″ wide and 8″ long.
The length is dependent upon your preference for the style of the scarf and length. Optional but adds a cute touch is cutting the ends of the scarf on an angle and then fringe cut the ends.
Valentine’s Day Kids Craft alert – this part of the craft lends itself to little hands and little scissors as precision is not necessary and fleece is a very forgivable fabric.
Time Saving Tip
To make the no sew fleece hat quickly I make a ‘log’ of fabric by gluing together the edges of fabric to make a roll as if a roll of cookie dough; then cut off the length needed for each hat (2″.) Then turn the hat inside out to hide the seam.
After a few hats the process will speed up and the project can be done assembly line style.
One of my best investments made when cutting fabric is fabric scissors!
The scissors below are Fiskars 8-Inch Easy Action Razor-Edged Scissors and are a hand saver when cutting fabric for sewing, crafting or DIY.
Now that I have used these scissors I wonder why I had not purchased scissors for fabric sooner. The scissors glide through the fabric with little effort due to the spring loaded design.
Day One: DIY Valentine’s Day Chocolate Tree
Day Five: No Sew DIY Valentine’s Day Card
Day Six: 7 easy Valentine’s Craft Ideas
Day Seven: Homemade Valentine’s Tortilla Chips