Bring on the red, white and blue recipes for the summer patriotic holidays! Enjoy making July 4th Rice Krispie Lollipops with your kids to celebrate the red, white and blue!
How To Make Patriotic Rice Krispie Lollipops
Rice Krispie Treats, store bought or homemade
Edible glitter (optional)
The Red, White And Blue Rice Krispie Lollipops can be made from store bought rice krispie treats or from homemade treats.
- Unwrap each Rice Krispie Treat or cut homemade Rice Krispie treats into squares.
- If using store bought treats, trim the short edge of each treat into a square. (Save the scraps for snacks!)
- Choose your metal cookie cutter.
- Spray the edge and the inside cookie cutter with cooking spray.
- Cut each Rice Krispie star or heart from the Rice Krispie square.
- TIP: Spray the cookie cutter between each use! It is tempting to skip this step, but experience has shown the one time you skip this step, the rice krispie treat will adhere to the cookie cutter like glue! Avoid the temptation to keep this an easy DIY as unsticking a rice krispie treat from a cookie cutter is labor intensive and a hot mess!
- The quickest way to make the lollipops is to assemble your treats and cookie cutters assembly line style.
- Once your stars and hearts are cut you are ready to insert the lollipop stick and decorate.
Anything goes! For July 4th add patriotic sprinkles or edible glitter, I use my favorite decorating icing as the glue. Works like a charm! Any thicker frosting will work too. If you are using gold or silver edible glitter the icing works wonderfully. Drizzle the icing on the rice krispie treat and swirl the icing over the treat. Then use the edible glitter to decorate each treat.
Red, White And Blue Recipe Ideas