Get ready for football game day with your homemade Football Name Tag! Use walnut shells and the dollar store to make this Superbowl party name tag! Easy as one two three to give your superbowl, college or nfl party and football themed decor a fun and personalized little twist.
This is a quick kids activity with popsicle or craft sticks for their favorite team and to participate in the football festivities. A visit to the dollar store for popsicle or craft sticks plus a trip to your craft stash makes this an easy craft sticks art project.
MATERIALS Walnut Shell Football Name Tag
Walnut Shells, halved
Craft Sticks (Jumbo) OR regular size
Sharpie or magic marker
Craft glue, I love Weldbond for crafts
Paint Pen, optional
Football flags, optional
- Prepare the walnut shell. The walnut shell can be used natural or painted.
- If a painted walnut shell is desired, use acyrlic paint to cover the walnut shell and let dry.
- Paint the football stripes with a paint pen or Sharpie. I love the paint pen!
- Decide upon the color of the name tag. Use the name of the guests or the team.
- Line up the craft sticks.
- Position the walnut shells on the craft stick.
- Glue the walnut shell to the craft stick.
- Let dry!
Football Theme Party
Flexibility is the name of the game with this craft. Simply use magic markers or Sharpies to custom color your nametags with your or your guests favorite team colors.
The walnut shell can be used as an half of shell or can be used whole. A paint pen works well to decorate the walnut shell.
How To Add Football Flags
For this version of the Walnut Shell Football Name Tag I added football toothpick flags on the back of the walnut. After gluing the walnut shell to the popsicle stick or craft stick I used a tiny piece of scrap styrofoam and glued the styrfoam under the back on the walnut.
I then speared the styrofoam with the football toothpick – easy! Gives another look to your name tag for game day.
Have fun! Anything goes and enjoy the game!