A fun twist on the traditional Mother’s Day Bouquet! Mix M&M’s and buttons to make this M&M’s Button Vase for Mother’s Day! Mom will love this creative DIY homemade by her favorite flower arranger and creator. This DIY is a very easy craft for adults and craft for kids (with a little help to cut the floral wire.)
How To Make M&M’s Button Vase
First stop as always is the craft stash and then the Dollar Store for materials. Any clear container will work for a vase and for this vase I used a cruet I found in the glassware stash. The Dollar Store is a great resource for money saving craft materials and the Dollar Store flower section usually has floral wire in stock anytime of the year.
Buttons of your choice, no shank button work the best
M&M’s of your choice to make the water
Wire cutters or sharp scissors
- Choose your vase or clear vial of your choice.
- Cut the floral wire double the desired finished length for each stem.
- Thread the floral wire through one hole of the button.
- Move the button to the halfway mark of the floral wire.
- Thread the floral wire through the second hole in the button.
- Flip the button over and twist each of the floral wires tightly together.
- Making the long part of the stem: Hold one piece of floral wire straight and then twist the second floral wire around the first wire while moving down the straight wire. The twisting of the floral wire can be as tight or as loose as desired.
- Done! One flower and stem of your M&M’s Button Vase is ready for the “water.”
Making The Water
I use the term “making” very very lightly and that is the best part of the gift – edible water! Choose the mix of M&M’s of your choice and fill the vase with M&M’s water! Arrange your button flowers and your gift is ready to go.
Here is a short video on how to make the button vase which I made for St. Patrick’s Day . This little vase is so versatile whether it be for a holiday, gift, party favor or party.
Dollar Store DIY & Crafts
Dollar Store Shopping Strategy = Save!