Here comes the graduate! Here comes the graduate! Here comes the free graduation party favor the popcorn wrapper printable for your favorite graduate or as a graduation party favor for your guests!
Fire up the glue gun and use your fabric stash to make these graduation popcorn wrappers which make adorable additions for any graduation party, graduate or college fan. This can be a no sew or sewing machine project. You don’t need to be particularly crafty to personalize these college themed popcorn wrappers, I promise!
Graduation Gift Baskets or Graduation Party Favors
A perfect addition to include in your college themed gift basket or attach to a gift card. I think we know how much high school and college graduates appreciate cash, but this popcorn graduate adds a little fun and personalization to your gift card or gradation cash gift.
Free Graduation Popcorn Printable Materials
Microwave Popcorn single serve size 3.5 oz.
College color fleece or college themed fleece
glue gun & glue sticks
fabric scissors (how did I ever live without these!)
copy paper or cardstock & color printer
Now no need to be dissuaded by the number of directions. It can be executed assembly line style. We had a lot of graduation party favors to craft so I made this video to illustrate how quick it can be to make, (wink).
Graduation Popcorn Wrapper Printable Directions
Download the printable to your computer.
- Choose your type of paper. Either regular copy paper or card stock. Card stock gives a very nice firmer finish however regular copy paper works just fine.
- Print the printable.
- Following the designated lines cut the template from your piece of paper.
- Assemble your tools: glue gun or sewing machine, ruler, fabric scissors.
- Fire up the glue gun.
- Fussy cut the fleece. If you desire a collegiate pattern , cut the designated swatch to measure 8″ long, 5″ wide.
- For the popcorn graduation printable, the size of fleece is approximately 8 inches long 5 inches wide. However there is a bit of play depending on how stretchy the fleece is. That measurement should be it absolutely fine for all types of fleece. The seam will adjust the fitting size.
- Size the fleece to the popcorn.
- After determining where the seam location for proper fit, glue the seam using your glue gun.
- Remove the fleece from the popcorn wrapper.
- If desired make a hat brim by rolling up the bottom of the fleece of the hat and adhering with 3 to 4 dabs of glue.
- Make the fringe. I have founded the fastest and easiest way to make the fringe on the top of the hat is by using a rotary cutter, but scissors will absolutely suffice.
- Make the fringe, gather fringe and use a small elastic hair rubber band to secure the tassle.
- Size the printable to the popcorn and glue seam.
- Put the hat on – secure to printable if necessary with glue gun.
- Fluff your tassle.
How To Manipulate The Colors In The Printable
The above directions are to use the printable as is. Four colors are included. If you would like to manipulate the colors of the printable to match your college brand colors, I will post those instructions separately for the graphics inclined with a free online editing tool.
Adding your college logo to go along with the college themed hat adds a nice college touch!