Ham & Swiss Stromboli is a five ingredient easy to make, easy to bake delicious recipe the entire family will enjoy. What is not to love with five ingredients (okay four if you exclude bacon) and 30 minutes from making to baking to completion. Yummy, filling and oh so easy to prepare makes this recipe a keeper.
Ingredients Ham And Swiss Stromboli
- One tube refrigerated crusty French loaf, brand of your choice (Pillsbury is a brand I like)
- 6 ounces of Swiss cheese OR a cheese of your choice
- 6 ounces of thinly sliced deli ham
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll French loaf onto a greased baking sheet. I cover the baking sheet with parchment paper or my new favorite time saver parchment cooking sheets to save time cleaning the baking pan.
- Gently cover the French loaf dough with ham slices. Be sure to leave a border of a ½ inch of dough at the edge.
- Lay the Swiss cheese slices on top of ham.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and crumbled bacon. Can also use chives or shallots.
- Finish assembling the stromboli by rolling up the dough jellyroll style.
- Seal the ends by tucking them underneath the roll.
- Cut vents in the stromboli by making several ¼ inch deep slits in the dough.
- Bake the Ham and Swiss stromboli seam side down.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the stromboli slightly cool before serving and serve warm. Yum!
Tweak The Recipe To Your Preference
I love this recipe not only for its’ taste and how easy it is to prepare, but also for the ability to tweak the ingredients to your preference. Feel free to use the cheese of your choice as long as your chosen cheese is a type which melts easily. I am a huge fan of cheese and Monterey Jack, Colby, Co-Jack, Cheddar, Gouda and Edam all work well. For a special treat you can use Brie ( I say special due to the cost of Brie) but oh how yummy Brie is for a Ham And Brie Stromboli!
Whether serving the Ham and Swiss Stromboli for lunch, dinner or a heartier breakfast, this is an easy and quick recipe to keep in your menu rotation all year round.