Neam neam! Yes, that is yum yum in gaelic and Shamrock Puffcorn is indeed yummy, addictive and a definite guest pleaser anytime of the year!
So once I discovered Puffcorn there was no looking back and I am a huge puffcorn fan so what celebrating St. Patrick’s Day without the prerequisite Shamrock Puffcorn.
1 bag Wilton’s white candy melts, vanilla or almond bark (1/2 bar per bag of puffcorn) or white chocolate chips
One bag of puffcorn (brand of your choice, any brand will work, my favorite is Chester’s by Frito Lay)
Parchment paper or wax paper
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper lay out puffcorn in one layer. Reynolds baking sheets work very well for this recipe. One bag of puffcorn will take two cookie sheets.
- Use the microwave to melt your white chocolate or white candy melts. Start with microwaving the chocolate on high in 30 second intervals.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the puffcorn. How much or how little is up to you. I use a wooden spoon.
- Liberally sprinkle the shamrocks or jimmies over the puffcorn.
- Set the decorated Shamrock Puffcorn on the counter for at least 15 minutes or do a quick set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Slide the cookie sheet as is into the refrigerator.
- Break apart the puffcorn into bite size puffs.
MAKE SHAMROCK PUFFCORN TWO WAYS
Jazz up your puffcorn by using green candy melts for a fun and festive green or green and white drizzle on your puffcorn! You cab’t go wrong with Shamrock Puffcorn two ways!