Celebrate the red, white and blue with this no bake and easy to make recipe for all your patriotic holiday gatherings.
These cutie pie jello firecrackers will add a bit of flare to your holiday party. Low calorie, low cost and low labor are a great combo to go with your red, white and blue themed event. Okay there is a slight bit of labor involved, but this involves walking to the refrigerator to let the jello set a few times so add calories burned to the recipe too!
Patriotic Jello Firecracker Recipe
*Makes 20 approximately 20 firecrackers
- 1 1/3 cups boiled water
- 2 – 3 oz. packages of Jell-O gelatin (Cherry and Berry Blue or any flavor red and blue jello)
- 1 package of Knox Brand non flavored gelatin
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 20 maraschino cherries with stems (drain well and pat dry)
- Boil water in a small saucepan.
- In small bowl add 2/3 cup of the boiling water to blue gelatin mix. Stir 2 min. until the gelatin mix is completely dissolved. Cool.
- Repeat above procedure in separate a bowl with red gelatin mix. Cool.
- In another bowl add ¼ cup of milk, sprinkle in 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Bring the remaining 3/4 cup of milk to simmer in saucepan.
- Remove the milk from heat and stir in sugar and vanilla. Add to unflavored gelatin mixture; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 10 minutes.
Layering The Patriotic Jello Firecracker Dessert
- Spoon 2 tsp. blue gelatin into 20 (1-oz.) plastic shot glasses. Refrigerate 15 min. or until set but not firm.
- For the next layer top with unflavored gelatin mixture, adding about 2 tsp. to each cup. Refrigerate 10 min.
- Insert one cherry with the stem end facing up into white gelatin layer in each cup. Refrigerate 2 more minutes.
- Finish the top layer with the red gelatin mixture. Add about 2 tsp. of red gelatin mixture to each cup. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
More Patriotic Recipes